Okay, I'm counting on you... my friends, my family, my loyal readers. We are well into the first month of the new year and I think I'm ready to lay down some goals for this new year. What I'm counting on all of you to do is remind me when you see me of what I still need to get done.
Coach Tom Landry said, "Setting a goal is not the main thing. It is deciding how you will go about achieving it and staying with that plan." But then I am also a firm believer in the idea that it is the journey that shapes us. So here they are. My goals for this year.
1. To finally get my paperwork organized at home. Tommy got his hands on some great new file cabinets and as soon as he brings them home I'm going to start on this one. I have boxes and boxes of manila folders filled with papers that need to be organized. This will take a while but I am determined to empty those boxes.
2. To wade through my closet and dresser and weed out the clothes that I will NEVER wear again. This project is long past due and I don't know why it's so hard for me. But does anyone really need 15 pairs of pajamas?
3. To finish scanning the boxes of family pictures I have. This is a labor of love but it is a labor and it seems that I never can find the time.
4. To go back to school ... either online or in person. This is something I have been wanting to do for years but every time I start to seriously think about it life pops up and gets in my way. This is the year though!
5. To plan out a month's worth of menus and follow through with them! (Okay, laugh now... but it is a goal!)
6. To see at least one Broadway show in SF (I just saw that they have added Dreamgirls to the new season!). I had so much fun with my favorite girls at Wicked, I'm determined to drag them all back again this season.
7. Plan at least one date night a month. Tommy and I are so busy with all of our responsibilities and interests, but just like Family Dinner Night, Date Night is important.
So that's them... my lucky seven. I actually have a few others, but I'm keeping those to myself.
5 comments:
oh my. I wrote my goals in my journal, I think I've already broken half of them. That's depressing.
Good Luck with your goals!
Going back to school was a big one for me too. But I let way to many things get in my way. The fact that LMC reminds me of a WWII bunker, that DVC is too young of a crowd for me. And then I tried to apply for BYU course online, but chickened out because I don't want to take a math class.
YOU CAN DO IT!!!
And I more than happy to bug you every now and then to see how you're doing!
Here's a start, throw all of the papers away! If you have to have a file cabinets to file your paperwork then you need to really ask if you need the papers. All of the clean sweep and horders programs say that if you haven't touched it in 6 months then you don't need them. That's the motto I'm going to live by this year. I may be able to see get the office cleaned up. I've been shredding old bills that I've had for 13 years.
Good for you...my goals should be posted on my blog. My goal is to blog more :)
thew....I'm tired after reading all your goals! Also very impressed! You can do them ALL! Show us all how it's done! :)
Post a Comment