Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving 08

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving day at Matt & Heather's new home. We had a delicious traditional dinner with all of the important ingredients and after dinner the kids all played their favorite game, Outburst, while us old folks sat around and watched football. We finally headed home about 9:30. We did send Tommy out about 8:00 to find a newspaper with all of the ads so we could decide if we wanted to go out and help the economy shopping at the early bird sales. I don't think we saw anything we just had to have at that time of morning.


Thanksgiving together made me reflect on how blessed my life is. With so much in the news lately about unhappy things happening to people I am grateful for:


  • My husband (this year we celebrated our 28th anniversary)
  • All My Children (no, not the soap opera... Matt, Sam, Carl, Terry, Heather, and Kelsey)
  • My beautiful grandson, Andrew

  • My sisters, brothers, nieces and nephews
  • My friends who still love me when I'm not that good at keeping in touch
  • My faith and knowledge of the Gospel
  • My job (I love going to work! and how many people can say that)
I hope your Thanksgiving was as full as love and good food as mine.

1 comment:

Lindy Leigh said...

What a sweet post...you are so blessed! I feel blessed too and you are a dear friend (o: