Because my friends and family know I am an elementary school "liberryanne" I am often asked for book recommendations. The holidays are usually when I get the most requests. So I sat down and compiled a list of my favorite go to books for the season.
There are a couple of glaring omissions like How the Grinch Stole Christmas and Twas the Night Before Christmas but those are probably already on your top ten list. I know, I know. . . The Polar Express falls into that as well but I just couldn't compile a list and leave that one off.
1.
A Wish To Be A Christmas Tree by Colleen Monroe
2.
The Polar Express by Chris Van Allsburg
3.
How Santa Got His Job by Stephen Krensky
4.
Santa’s Favorite Story by Hisako Aoki
5. Santa Clause the World's Number One Toy Expert by Marla Frazee
6. The Bird In Santa's Beard by Jeffery L. Shatzer
7.
Cookie Count by Robert Sabuda
8.
Bear Stays Up for Christmas by Karma Wilson
9.
The Year of the Perfect Christmas Tree by Gloria
Houston
10. Mouse’s First Christmas
by Lauren Thompson
No comments:
Post a Comment