Friday, October 28, 2011

The Long, Long Week

It has been a long, long week filled with incredible sadness. Each day brought news of loss . . . It was one of those weeks when I had to really look hard for something to make me smile. But my life is surrounded by children. And that is a very good thing. Children demand that you be on your best behavior. You need to make sure that your happy self is planted squarely on your face. They need you to be on your toes. For you see they have stories to tell and you are expected to listen. They have questions that need to be answered with all the authority you can muster. They need you to be ready with a smile when they have given so generously of their own. Sometimes they need a hug to make it all better.
And I am grateful for each of the children who touched my life this week and helped me forget for a little bit the sadness of loss and reminded me how fortunate I truly am to be able to listen to the stories, answer the questions, smile and to receive a hug from a child.

~♥~
"Children will not remember you for the material things you provided but for the feeling that you cherished them."
 - Richard L. Evans

2 comments:

Merrill Family said...

I love you more than ever!!!nI hope next week brings happier days:) You are the best lady I know...ok maybe Colton and I need to bring you treats next week! Hug to you.

Nana Laurie said...

Em, you are sweet and your kind words are plenty! I love you and your amazing family just as much. Thank you.