Saturday, March 12, 2011

Marching In

Two weeks in and already March 2011 has been embedding itself into history ... both in the news and in my little corner of the world. This week's tsunami and earthquake in Japan will, tragically, earn the month it's place in record books from this point on. We have also seen how drugs and alcohol have led to the demise of the career of  yet another well known celebrity. Record snow and rain mixed with sunny 70 degree days reminded me of why living in Northern Cal is a blessing.
I survived this year's round of budget cuts again and I am grateful. I chaired a successful book fair the proceeds of which will help fund a lot of new books for the Library. We celebrated Nanoo-Nanoo's 89th birthday and  all were in awe of how "young" he looks.
And here it is Spring Break. Big plans ahead. The dentist, the spa, the zoo, the museum, the yogurt store, the cupcake store, and the ferry are just a few of the things on the to-do list.
March still has quite a bit of time left to add to it's memorable legacy. I'm sure it will be interesting.

1 comment:

Heather said...

March is such an odd month. I think weird weather things happen because it's a mixture of winter and spring.