One of my other library traditions is to make breakfast for the staff the last week before vacation. I always cook the same thing and they haven't complained that I lack originality. I make my "famous" overnight French toast with pecans. It's my way of thanking them for all their support of the library.
But one of my very favorite library traditions is to share Robert Sabuda (http://www.robertsabuda.com/pop-up ) pop-up books. Pop-up books are too fragile to be in the library collection but children love them. Sabuda is a genius with folded paper and I have been a fan for over a deca
de. My first book was Cookie Count: A Tasty Pop-Up. One of my favorite things about Sabuda is there is always a surprise at the end of his books. The one in this book is a gingerbread house that pops up on the last page. My other favorites to share are Twas The Night Before Christmas (There is a great reindeer that pops out of this one) and The Twelve Days of Christmas with it's music box with an actual twirling ballerina.
de. My first book was Cookie Count: A Tasty Pop-Up. One of my favorite things about Sabuda is there is always a surprise at the end of his books. The one in this book is a gingerbread house that pops up on the last page. My other favorites to share are Twas The Night Before Christmas (There is a great reindeer that pops out of this one) and The Twelve Days of Christmas with it's music box with an actual twirling ballerina. I know I have said it before, but I have the best job in the world. Along with all these wonderful experiences in the library, I get a two week break to spend with my family carrying out all of our family traditions. It's a Wonderful Life!
3 comments:
I tried looking for his books when I went to the book store (for the book fair), and they didn't have any. And the sales people were swamped so I didn't bother asking them. Where do you find yours?
I got them over the years from Barnes and Noble and from Amazon. I know I saw Cookie Count on Amazon last night.
You're so cool Laurie :) I will take a look at those books...thanks!
Post a Comment