Matthew turns 28 today. When did that happen? It seems like just a little while ago that Tommy and I were bringing him home to our little pink house by Oak Park. I remember that first night when we put him to bed and he slept straight through the night. The time in between that night and today were filled with ear infections, Little League, soccer, volleyball, mission, wedding and our first grandchild. He asked me if he was going to get a top ten list like the ones I did for our September birthdays so here it is:
10. A slightly wicked sense of humor
9. Passion for sports (pretty much any sport!)
8. Willingness to help others
7. His intelligence (Matt was always able to pass tests without even studying for them)
6. Hard worker and provider for his family.
5. Great Debater (It is so funny to watch my boys "discuss" their opinions... they get so into it)
4. That he did such a fantastic job finding the perfect wife!
3. How close he is to his extended family
2. The relationship he has with his dad (I love that he and Tommy have always had such a great relationship ... even through the terrible teen years)
1. Matthew is a fabulous dad. He loves his little boy so much and is a hands-on daddy (even changing dirty diapers!). I will never forget the night we were all at the cabin. Andrew was just a few months old. I heard him wake up in the middle of the night and I was going to get up and get him. But immediately I heard Matthew up and taking care of him, talking to him and comforting him. At that moment I think I was the most proud of him as I have ever been!
Happy birthday Matthew!



4 comments:
What great pictures. We are so happy that Matt and Heather have each other and that they blessed us with a wonderful grandson.
Awwwwwwwwwwe! I am so happy for them...and you. You did a great job raising your boys :)
Oh my goodness I LOVE your top ten. And #10 is SO true. As I read every single one I thought "yep, that's true". I am incredibly blessed to have found the most amazing man to spend the rest of my life and eternity with. He IS an amazing dad and I hope he and Andrew will be as close as he and Tom are.
But Matthew didn't do it all on his own, his wonderful and loving parents helped. Happy Birthday my love.
i wouldnt word it the same for #10, but it all pretty much true
Post a Comment