Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter Past and Present


I love Easter. It is one of my favorite family gatherings. One of the traditions our family enjoys is that, instead of real eggs, the Easter Bunny leaves plastic eggs with surprises in them. I can remember all seven of grandchildren searching Grannie and Poppa's backyard for the eggs. Then we would take a group picture of them. When they were smaller, all of them would be there. Over the years three more grandchildren were added. Sometimes everyone would be there, but often several have been missing for various reasons. This year are numbers were smaller but we still had a great time. Robert made a wonderful dinner (steak, chicken, crab, pasta, potatoes). We enjoyed the beautiful sunny weather. Here are some of our Easter pictures over the years.

This picture is Linda, Georgia and I (in our matching dresses) with my parents one Easter Sunday.

2 comments:

Heather said...

oh my gosh, i can't believe how young and THIN i look in that first Easter picture with me in it. my how the days have gone by.
i think that's a good tradition, taking a photo every year. besides that it makes you wish you still looked that good.
missed you guys!

Merrill Family said...

I love the pic of you with the sisters in those matching dress!