Tuesday, March 3, 2009

March Roaring In

March came roaring in like I lion this weekend and with all of the rain and wind it also brought this beautiful rainbow in the Oakley skies. I noticed it when I was driving home today. This picture doesn't really do it justice. I took it through my front windshield (it was pouring at the time). The colors were so vibrant.

Also, yesterday was Dr. Seuss' birthday and every year it is celebrated with Read Across America Day. Since I AM a librarian, I read every day. But I do love the good doctor. One of my all time favorite books is the first one I could read all by myself, Green Eggs and Ham. I actually practically have it memorized. So we celebrated at home with green eggs for supper. No ham though. But we did have green milk.



4 comments:

mhanberg said...

I read to Ellie over SKYPE! It was a wonderful experience! We should have Read Across America every day! Then maybe we would get smarter voters!

Nana Laurie said...

I saw that on your blog. Isn't technology wonderful. When you read to a child it just feels so good. I love when I read a story and a child says to me, "That was a great book!" I have the best job ever.

Heather said...

my mom would make us green eggs and ham on st patricks day.

Lindy Leigh said...

You're so fun! The girls classes are doing a "Dress as your favorite book character" on Friday in honor of the doctor but we planned a trip to Seattle to see Lucy's bones that day before we knew.