I know I'm 50 but when did my viewing habits change? I love the Food Network Channel and I don't even cook unless I absolutely have to or I'm having a party (and then I do enjoy it). I love to see what can be done with the "SECRET INGREDIENT" on Iron Chef (who knew you could create an entire meal out of cranberries?). I hold my breath during the Food Network Challenge as the cake decorators gingerly move their creations to the judging table (I almost cried when the head on the Mufaso cake fell off during the Disney Villain challenge). I think Duff Goldman is so cool the way he can carve a cake with a chainsaw and it ends up looking like a baseball stadium on Ace of Cakes and did you ever see the motorcycle cake he made for Jay Leno?
I also enjoy Unwrapped (except for that cheesy set Marc Summers has to hang out in as he introduces each segment), Dinner Impossible (my favorite was the time they went to Pixar Studios) and Paula Deen (thank you Miss Paula for coming up with Praline French Toast). But my all time, hands down favorite is The Next Food Network Star. This is a reality show where the contestants have to do all kinds of competitions to prove they have what it takes on camera. It's been on for four seasons but my favorite winner (and probably the biggest star to come out of the show so far) is Guy Fieri. I'm looking forward to season five. I'm not sure when it starts. They are taking applications now for it. If you apply I promise I'll watch.
5 comments:
are you talking about that guy fieri show where it's just normal people? i watched one of those and the guy made tomato soup and grilled cheese. YUM!!!!!! and all he did was add bacon to it.
I need to watch more than Rachel Ray I guess :)
Yeah, Guy does that show and he does the Diners, Drive-ins and Dives too. I think he has one more.
I don't watch Rachel Ray too much but I do like Gia (although I don't think I could ever make one of her recipes).
Oh yes you could! The older you get the more homemakie(I know, my own invented word,but it works here) you get. You'll be the next Paula Deen!
Me too I always watch food network! I think you are young... then that makes me young too!! Happy cooking Laurie!
Post a Comment